The Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Eswatini Country Grant is now closed and applications are being reviewed.Read more
Uganda Country Grant
Request For Proposal published
Proposals under review
The Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Uganda Country Grant has now closed.
The grant is funded by the UK Department of Health and Social Care under its Fleming Fund Grants Programme. Mott MacDonald, the Fleming Fund manage agent for country grants, invited proposals from qualified licensed/registered entities in Uganda to work toward strengthening antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and antimicrobial usage (AMU) surveillance in Uganda.
The objectives of the grant have been developed and agreed in partnership with the Government of Uganda. The objectives are to:
- launch and disseminate the National Action Plan on AMR
- support establishing the secretariat for the AMR Platform and making high level decisions regarding AMR in Uganda
- establish a well-functioning One Health AMR/AMU surveillance governance structure to provide technical support for the AMR Platform on AMR and AMU
- increase the collaboration between stakeholders to implement a One Health AMR surveillance programme
- establish a MOH-led system of collecting, collating, analysing, reporting and disseminating AMR and AMU data on national and international platforms in alignment with the requirements of GLASS
- strengthen AMR and AMU surveillance in animals