Uganda: Country Grant
Request For Proposal published
Proposals under review
The cornerstone of the Fund is the Country Grants programme. Through a competitive tender process, organisations or a consortium are selected for funding awards to support the country’s National Action Plan, by reinforcing existing surveillance systems, strengthening laboratory infrastructure, developing human capacity or technical skills and using protocols for appropriate antimicrobial use.
Activities are expected to support existing government health systems and work in tandem with relevant government ministries. Grant management is coordinated through the Management Agent, Mott MacDonald.
Infectious Disease Institute
Department of Medical Microbiology, Makerere University; Pharmacy Department, Makerere University; College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Bio-security, Makerere University; Department of Medical Microbiology, Mbarara University
October 2018 - January 2020
The objectives are developed and agreed in partnership with the Government of Uganda.
- launch and disseminate the National Action Plan on AMR
- support establishing the secretariat for the AMR Platform and making high level decisions regarding AMR in Uganda
- establish a well-functioning One Health AMR/AMU surveillance governance structure to provide technical support for the AMR Platform on AMR and AMU
- increase the collaboration between stakeholders to implement a One Health AMR surveillance programme
- establish a MOH-led system of collecting, collating, analysing, reporting and disseminating AMR and AMU data on national and international platforms in alignment with the requirements of GLASS
- strengthen AMR and AMU surveillance in animals