AMR Governance Structure
National Advisory Committee
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Health; Ministry of Agriculture; Ministry of Livestock and Rural Community Development; Ministry of Fisheries, Aquatic Resource Development and Rural Economy
AMR Action Plan
Sri Lanka has established a One Health, multisectoral collaboration to combat AMR, and has developed a National Strategic Plan (NSP 2017-2022) to provide a country road map, which has been endorsed by multiple ministries. The NSP includes five key strategies, aligned with the strategic objectives of the Global AMR Action Plan and covering human, animal, agriculture, aquaculture and environment sectors. These are:
- Improve awareness and understanding of antimicrobial resistance through effective communication.
- Strengthen the knowledge and evidence base through surveillance and research.
- Reduce the incidence of infection through effective sanitation, hygiene and infection prevention measures.
- Optimise the use of antimicrobial medicines in human and animal health.
- Prepare the economic case for sustainable investment and increase investment in new medicines, diagnostic tools, vaccines and other interventions.
Grants in Sri Lanka
Fellowship › Sri Lanka
Regional Grant › Myanmar | Laos | Vietnam | Indonesia | Sri Lanka | Papua New Guinea | Timor-Leste | Pakistan | Bangladesh | Nepal | Bhutan