AMR Governance Structure
National Antimicrobial Resistance Coordinating Committee
Contributing Ministries: Ministry of Agriculture; Ministry of Health; Ministry of Environment and Forestry; Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries; Coordinating Ministry of Human Development and Culture
AMR Action Plan
The NAP includes five key strategies, aligned with the strategic objectives of the Global Action Plan and covering human, animal, agriculture, aquaculture and environment sectors. These are:
- Improve awareness and understanding of antimicrobial resistance through effective communication.
- Strengthen the knowledge and evidence base through surveillance and research.
- Reduce the incidence of infection through effective sanitation, hygiene and infection prevention measures.
- Optimise the use of antimicrobial medicines in human and animal health.
- Prepare the economic case for sustainable investment and increase investment in new medicines, diagnostic tools, vaccines and other interventions.